Saturday, July 18, 2009

Getting back into the swing of things!

A lot has been going on the last couple of months, and my sewing suffered because of it. We had family visit which was wonderful, then my father died, and my sewing machine crapped out on me. It's been a rough couple of months, but I'm finally feeling like sitting down and letting the creative juices flow.

I splurged on a new sewing machine, a Husqvarna Viking Emerald 183. It sews through multiple layers of thick fabric like butter! I also went a little fabric crazy, ordering about 20 yards of cute japanese imports from superbuzzy! Opening those boxes was breathtaking!


My wonderful husband helped me pick out some stuff from IKEA to create a new sewing center. My old drafting table and chair had to go. Now I have a lovely space to sew my little fingers to the bone! I'll post some pictures later.

Now it's time to get busy and have some fun! I'm feeling much better about everything, so that's the best time to jump back on the horse.

I also have to give BIG thanks to Maree, from Work at Home Designs on Etsy, for designing my new logo! She did it in one day, it's everything I wanted and more! So if you need any graphic design work done, go see Maree! I can't say enough good things about her!

No comments:

Post a Comment